Saturday, June 25, 2011

Diamonds in the desert.

This year, Alpha Delta Pi sorority celebrates 160 years of existence. Wow. That's pretty cool. And considering we were the First. Finest. Forever., we get to be the first sorority to reach this milestone anniversary.


I, for one, am lucky enough to celebrate this special time as an attendee at Grand Convention in Phoenix, Ariz. (hence the turquoise anniversary badge, above). Grand Convention occurs every two years and is the premiere event for Alpha Delta Pi sorority. It includes business meetings (where we discuss and vote on important ADPi things such as by-law revisions and Grand Council candidates), leadership workshops, lots of awards presentations and, of course, fun Convention traditions!

I know it's not yet midnight, but I am exhausted. It might sound like I'm just living the sorority life this weekend, but it's harder than it sounds! So I will have to provide more details tomorrow ... or maybe Sunday ... or maybe Monday when I finally get back into my routine at Executive Office.

Until then, you can keep up with all the happenings at Grand Convention here, on the official Alpha Delta Pi Grand Convention blog.

Loyally,
Megan

No comments: