Friday, December 23, 2011

Travel finds: Unusual hotels.

While perusing my Google Reader today, I stumbled upon this awesome slideshow of weird hotels compiled by Budget Travel. The amazingly weird hotels included one in Bolivia made completely out of salt, a colorful retro hotel close to home in San Luis Obispo and - perhaps weirdest of all - a hotel in France with rooms that will make you feel like a hamster. Despite the wide array of choices, I was able to narrow it down to a couple favorites that I would actually love to stay in one day:


The Hotel Kakslauttanen in Finland is at the top of my to-stay list. Yes, those little pods are rooms! And the view from inside is just as amazing.


That nest-looking thing is actually "The Bird's Nest" at the Treehotel in Sweden. Seriously. How cool is that?


You can sleep in old wine casks at the Hotel de Vrouwe Van Stavoren in the Netherlands. How romantic!

And finally, I don't think I would actually want to stay in this hotel (I've slept in planes plenty, thank you very much), but it's still pretty cool:

Watch planes land and take off from the Airline Suite in the Netherlands. It's a hotel inside a plane! 

You can check out my other favorite hotels and hopeful travel destinations on my Pinterest board. Also, thanks to Cup of Jo, where I originally found the link to Budget Travel's "World's Weirdest Hotels."

No comments: