Monday, April 16, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things.

Hi there! Notice anything different?...

Source: google.com via Jo on Pinterest

(I'm humming the Jeopardy song right now while I wait for you to notice....)

That's right! I redesigned my blog this weekend. I'd been creating this new header in my mind for a while, and I finally decided that I wanted my blog to be fun and fresh for the launch of my first-ever book challenge. What do you think?

Tonight, I wanted to quickly take this opportunity to explain the images I chose to use in my header. Starting from the top left: Of course I had to start with a girl reading. I kept my old header picture next to my blog title for nostalgia's sake, but I think I like the first picture even better. Next, I had to include a Harry Potter image. (Let's be real here.) The next three photos represent my passion for traveling, the significance of Alpha Delta Pi in my life (our flower is the violet), and my love of riding my bike.

Second row: Oh, Mizzou columns, how I miss you. (But I will be seeing you in three short days!!!) I also included a cup of tea to represent my love of all things steamy and served in a mug (coffee, tea, hot cocoa). Next, of course, is my trusty former header picture.

Third row: Again, I am addicted to coffee! Pretty designs in my latte don't hurt, either. I included a map to again symbolize my love for travel, but also my obsession with maps in general. The final three pictures represent a few more of my favorite things: snail mail, turtles and Africa. So there you have it! That's the inspiration behind my new design.

Photo credits from top left: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13

Finally, I have some Instagram pictures I want to share with y'all, so I'm linking up with Ashley at a {little} dash of ash again for her weekly Instagram party. (Notice I also have a new widget in the right sidebar to share my most recent pictures! —>)



1. Last week was National Library Week. I only went twice, though, which is unusually low for me.
2. I went to World Market for their BOGO coffee sale on Wednesday, and I found turtle coffee! You must know how much this excites me. (Just refer to the beginning of this post if you've forgotten my strange obsession with these beautiful reptilian creatures.)
3. Law & Order: SVU returned last week after a brief hiatus. (Full disclosure: I considered putting a picture of Olivia and Elliot in my new header, but I didn't think it would quite mesh with the other images.)
4. My dad brought my latest batch of mail with him to Albuquerque this weekend, and I had more lovely congratulatory letters from current/former Leadership Consultants and Grand Council members! Seeing that beautiful ADPi stationery never gets old. :)

Well, if you stuck around for this entire post, thanks for reading! Sorry it was so long. Happy Monday, and I hope you have a fabulous week!

2 comments:

Carenpants said...

I love the new design! It's very user friendly and personal! I also love that you'll be at Mizzou very soon! I'm covering an opening shift for someone tomorrow (my first of the semester) and I am so sad you won't be there!

Sara said...

I'm lovin' your cute new design Megan! Especially how you made all of those images meaningful :]