Saturday, January 11, 2014

Best of December: A Month in Review

December: The end of 2013. The month of Christmas. My first NFL game. Rocking a sock bun on NYE in the city. Here's the best of last month in my life and on the blog:

Most Popular on Instagram & Notable Events


1 // 2 // 3 // 4 

December started off on a high note when I attended my first NFL game with Jonathan and his family. (But I'm definitely rooting for the Panthers tomorrow—sorry California friends!) We also visited a nearby Christmas tree farm to chop down our tree, which neither of us had ever done before. (And the tree is definitely still up in the living room, lights and all. Whoops!)

Other notable events of the month included two holiday parties with Jonathan's co-workers and a night out in San Francisco to celebrate the New Year. Jonathan and I went to a NYE party at a lounge near AT&T Park with his sister and cousin and their significant others. I even participated in a dance-off! He told me I was a "pretty good dancer." I admitted he was better. ;) 

Most Popular on the Blog
5. Autumn 2013 Book Challenge: Month 2 (posted December 1)
4. Advice Needed: Stylish Walking Shoes for Europe (posted March 13)
3. Semi-Charmed Autumn 2013 Book Challenge (posted September 25)
2. Semi-Charmed Winter 2012 Book Challenge (posted October 15, 2012)*
1. The Best of 2013: Read (posted December 19)
*I was curious to know why this post from 2012 suddenly showed up in my top five, so I did some digging. It appears some kind soul pinned my winter book challenge recently and sent a bunch of people to my site. So thank you, kind soul! And that's why bloggers love Pinterest. (When properly sourced, of course.)

Also Posted in December
>> Dear 2013 ... (Dec. 27)
>> Stocking Stuffers Under $20: The Travel Bug (Dec. 4)
>> Cityscape on Camera: Budapest, Hungary (Dec. 24)
>> 24 Before 24: Run a Half-Marathon (Dec. 23)
>> Stocking Stuffers Under $20: The Book Lover (Dec. 11)
>> Currently: Preparing for the holidays! (Dec. 8)
>> Currently: Looking forward to Christmas! (Dec. 22)
>> Literary Junkies: December 2013 (Dec. 17)
>> Photo a Day: November (Dec. 29)
>> Best of November: A Month in Review (Dec. 7)

Jonathan even made a wreath out of some extra boughs from our Christmas tree. He's so crafty!
image via @mcstroup on Instagram

On My Bookshelf
Scarlet, Marissa Meyer // Safe Haven, Nicholas Sparks
Delirium, Lauren Oliver // Pandemonium, Lauren Oliver

On My iPod

Like I said last month, I'm not very up-to-date with the latest musical trends, so most of my favorite songs haven't changed. I still make everyone in my car stop talking when Let Her Go comes on; it's just so good! There are a few songs I forgot to mention last month, however:
Pompeii, by Bastille // She Keeps Me Warm, Mary Lambert
Burn,
by Ellie Goulding // Gas Pedal, Sage the Gemini (hehe)

How was your December? How did you celebrate the holidays?

No comments: